11 Reasons Donald Trump Should Run for President in 2016
Wednesday, 03 Dec 2014 01:26 AM
Here are 11 reasons why Trump should run for president:
1. Trump is an American success story. Rich and not ashamed of it, he has parlayed his name and business acumen into a financial empire with ventures in real estate, hospitality, entertainment, and much more, achieving the success to which Americans aspire. His wealth was estimated by Forbes at $3.2 billion in 2013, although Trump has claimed this is a conservative number and his fortune runs billions higher.
2. He can draw a big crowd. New Hampshire, Iowa, you name it, Trump draws the biggest GOP crowds. His private speaking fees are said to be in excess of $250,000 — but he never charges for causes or candidates he believes in.
Urgent: Support Trump Run in 2016? Vote Here Now
3. Trump is a true conservative. As a candidate he appeals to all the key constituencies of the Reagan Republican party: He’s against any tax increases, he’s pro-NRA, and pro-life.
4. His name recognition is beyond comprehension. A two-time Emmy Award nominee, Trump has hosted the popular show “The Apprentice” on NBC since 2004. His spinoff show “The Celebrity Apprentice” has also been a success, bringing in more than 12 million viewers for one of its season finales. And in business, attaching the Trump name to an enterprise immediately marks it as a premium venture.
5. Trump is the only potential Republican candidate who can claim the “Triple Crown” of American life — he has been a success in business, politics, and entertainment.
6. He can move middle, independent voters. His endorsement of GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his robocalls to voters in Ohio, Michigan, and other states made a big difference in the 2012 GOP primaries and demonstrated his political clout as Romney won in each state where Trump ventured.
Urgent: Climate Scientists Attacked for Opposing Al Gore – Find Out More
7. He can self-finance. Paying for a primary campaign can be tough. Trump could fund his own campaign and start off the general election with a significant advantage over candidates who have to self-fund or agree to public financing.
8. He is tough on foreign policy. Trump has already said he would deal forcibly with ISIS, China, and Russia. He has lambasted China for manipulating its currency and “stealing” American jobs, and charged that Russian President Vladimir Putin is “toying” with President Obama in Ukraine.
9. He has the fire in the belly. Trump has already expressed interest in running for president, reportedly spending more than $1 million last year to research a potential presidential campaign in 2016.
10. He is enormously entertaining. Think of a no-nonsense Trump presidential press conference — or even a straight-shooting Trump “fireside chat.”
Urgent: Who Is Your GOP Candidate for 2016? Vote Here Now
11. His wife Melania would make a fantastic First Lady. A former model, she has the looks and charm that remind Americans of classy Jackie Kennedy and her days presiding over the East Wing.
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!